Becky Settje, a RI Wild Plant Society volunteer and nature enthusiast, has a passion to share her love of flora and fauna with children. On her guided nature walks, she engages children in identifying, plants, trees, insects and bird. She shares her knowledge of pollination, food chains, and soils if children are interested. Through her energetic, fun and “child-led” approach, children will learn to become nature detectives as they explore and observe the great outdoors.
Becky has over 30 years experience working with children through various programs including Girl Scouts, 4-H and homeschooling. She is currently a school group docent for Garden in the Woods, the New England Wild Flower Society’s native plant garden in Framingham, MA.
• Walks are suitable for children K thru 6th grade.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
• Walks are limited to a minimum of 4 children and a maximum of 11.
• Walks are arranged on a per request basis. You and your guide will work together to coordinate the date, place and time of the walk and any specific topics, badge work or interests you would like included in your walk.
• Walks are offered at no charge. (A small donation to help support our educational efforts would be appreciated.)
To request a walk please contact firstname.lastname@example.org