Get outdoors with your children and explore!
This walk is the second in a 3 part series of Family Walks on the first Sunday of April, May and June. Becky Settje, a RI Wild Plant Society volunteer and nature enthusiast, has a passion to share her love of flora and fauna with children.
On her family guided nature walks, Becky particularly engages children in identifying, plants, trees, insects and bird. She shares her knowledge of pollination, food chains, and soils if there is interest. Through her energetic, fun and “child-led” approach, children will learn to become nature detectives as they explore and observe the great outdoors.
Becky has over 30 years experience working with children through various programs including Girl Scouts, 4-H and homeschooling school and for Garden in the Woods, the New England Wild Flower Society’s education programs at their native plant garden in Framingham, MA.
• Walks are for all ages but especially targeted for elementary and middle school.
• Adult family caregivers are responsible for their children.
• Walks are free but a small donation to help support our educational efforts would be appreciated.
• Preregistration is required for this walk. See form below.
ALSO NOTE: Becky is also offering walks on a per request basis. Becky will work with you to coordinate the date, place and time of the walk and any specific topics, badge work or interests you would like included in your walk. To request a walk please contact email@example.com
• Bring water and snacks and be sure to use restrooms before your arrival in case facilities at location are limited.
• Dress appropriately, long sleeved shirts, long pants, socks (for protection from sun, poison ivy, briers, ticks, etc) and sturdy shoes.
Directions to meet up location and other details about the walk will be posted closer to the date.