Join conservation biologist Rick Enser at Weeden Farm, South Kingstown Land Trust’s (SKLT) property in Matunuck. Located on a glacial outwash plain, this easy 1.2 mile trail features pastoral views of stone walls and fields actively cultivated for hay and corn.
The focusing will be the pollinator habitat that was established in 2016 as a cooperative project of the SKLT, South County Pollinator Conservation Project, and the South County Garden Club.
The group will meet in the parking lot for the SKLT barn. See directions below
Note: there will be very little shade opportunity. Wear appropriate clothing for protection against sun, ticks, and and other insects.
Driving directions to SKLT barn, 17 Matunuch Beach Road, South Kingstown.
(Please note Google directions and other GPS maps inaccurately direct you to take a turn from Route 1 to reach the Barn. From Route 1, you must turn onto Matunuck Beach Road, and then from there, turn into the driveway for the Barn.)
• Proceed southwest on Main Street to Commodore OH Perry Highway (Route 1).
• Follow Route 1 South for 3.1 miles.
• Take exit for Matunuck Beach Road to reverse direction (Route 1 North).
• Proceed approximately 1⁄4 mile then take off-ramp on right.
• Take second driveway on the right (17 Matunuck Beach Road) and park in the lot for the South Kingstown Land Trust Barn.