Seed Starting Session
October 18 @ 9:15 am - 11:15 am -
Would you like to grow your native plants from seed? Our Seed Starters West
group invites you to their Seed-Starting session. Participants will go home with seeds planted in containers to overwinter along with instructions for care come spring.
What you bring:
- Seeds from native plants growing in your yard. For each type of seed please use an envelope or other paper container. Seeds do best in paper vs. plastic.
- Write all the information you have about the seeds on the envelope, i.e. name of plant, when and where acquired (RIWPS sale, gift, etc.), color, any other information that could be helpful.
- Planting containers. We recommend 4″ pots.
What Seed Starters will provide:
- Additional planting containers, starting soil and guidance.
- Labels for the containers.
- Access to reference materials.