• For the 2019 season we are offering three different botanizing walk series. The Botanizers Afield Series is for RIWPS Members only as it is a benefit of membership.
• Specific details of each walk in all three series are posted about four to six weeks in advance.
• Walks are offered at no charge. A donation of $5.00 to $10.00 to support our programs would be appreciated. Donate here.
• There is no registration. Just come and enjoy as many of these experiences as you can!
• We walk in the rain and snow. Should there be a rare cancellation, we will post this info on the page of the specific walk and will try to notify you if you are on the mailing list for that walk series.
Sturdy footwear, clothing appropriate for the weather and for protection against sun exposure, ticks and other insects as well as a sufficient supply of water and nourishment are a must for waking in nature!
Please also note: NOTE: In State Management areas, during hunting season (the second Saturday in September to the last day of February and the third Saturday in April to the last day in May) hikers are required to wear 200 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange. Typically a hat is 200 square inches.