Becky Settje, a RI Wild Plant Society volunteer and nature enthusiast, has a passion to share her love of flora and fauna with children. On her guided nature walks, she particularly engages children in identifying, plants, trees, insects and bird. She shares her knowledge of pollination, food chains, and soils if there is interest. Through her energetic, fun and “child-led” approach, children will learn to become nature detectives as they explore and observe the great outdoors.
Becky has over 30 years experience working with children through various programs including Girl Scouts, 4-H and homeschooling school and for Garden in the Woods, the New England Wild Flower Society’s education programs at their native plant garden in Framingham, MA.
• Walks are for all ages but especially targeted for elementary and middle school.
• Walks are offered at no charge. (A small donation to help support our educational efforts would be appreciated.)
• Adult family caregivers are responsible for children on these walks
• Becky is leading a 3 part Family Walk Series on the first Sunday of the month in April at the Altantic Cedar Swamp in Cumberland, May at the George B Parker Preserve and June at the Dundery Brook Trail. Preregistration is required for each of these walks.
• Walks can also be arranged on a per request basis. Becky will work with you to coordinate the date, place and time of the walk and any specific topics, badge work or interests you would like included in your walk.
To request a walk please contact email@example.com