The RIWPS Walks and Workshops committee has cancelled the first 2 walks in our First Thursday Walk series, April 2 and May 7 but are continuing to plan walks and programs so we are ready as soon as gathering together is possible.
Meanwhile, since walking in nature can be both physically and mentally restorative, we hope you will be able to spend time outdoors, perhaps on the trails we would have be walking together. Check out ourself guided walks. or Partner Page for links to organizations with conservation lands where you can walk. It is imperative to keep your social distance no matter where you are.
• For the 2020 season we are offering three different botanizing walk series. Two are open to the public and one is for RIWPS Members only as it is a benefit of membership.
• Specific details of each walk in all three series are posted about four to six weeks in advance.
• Walks are offered at no charge. A donation of $5.00 to $10.00 to support our programs would be appreciated. Donate here.
• There is no registration. Just come and enjoy as many of these experiences as you can!
• We walk in the rain and snow. Should there be a rare weather cancellation, we will post this info on the page of the specific walk and will try to notify you if you are on the mailing list for that walk series.
(See article and images about the October 2018 First Thursday Walk)