Become a Member of the Rhode Island Wild Plant Society
If you value Rhode Island’s unique environment and want to protect our native plants and their habitats, then please consider becoming a member of the Rhode Island Wild Plant Society. We rely on our members’ support to continue our many plant conservation and education initiatives.
As a member, you not only receive the satisfaction of protecting our threatened native plants and their habitats, but also numerous other benefits.
- Receive the WildfloraRl bulletin two times a year including wild flower cultivation notes.
- Get our monthly E-News delivered directly to your in box. It will keep you up to date on all our activities.
- Early admission for non-organizational memberships and first pick at our June Best Native Plant Sale in Rhode Island – featuring a large selection of native plants and shrubs, great deals for all gardeners. (Note 2020 and 2021 due to covid we only offered smaller online sale for members).
- Invitations to our General Meetings (in November, January, and March) with highly-regarded guest speakers.
- Special events for members only.
- Reduced rates on programs, events and workshops year ’round.
- Contribute to our blog.
- For members who offers professional ecological gardening services, list your business in our Directory of Professional Landscape Services.
- (You may also borrow a weed wrench, helpful for pulling out invasives!)
Meet new people who share a similar interest and participate in RIWPS initiatives such as native plant propagation, native gardens and restoration projects.